Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

We are glad to see the new year is here. Welcome to 2012. We had a great year last year. We laid to rest some loved ones and welcomed new ones into the world. God giveth, and then he taketh away. We know that is just the way but, it doesn't make it easy when it is happening.
We had our 1st Christmas this year when we didn't go to Knoxville. Everyone in the Sanford family was still able to be there and although we squeezed into the Murmann household, we were together, and happy! Here is our 2011 grandchildren and great-grandchildren group picture:
It is funny that we had to go outside to get all of us in the picture but, that is where it is headed as others are now marrying and eventually will be having babies, or more with the families already started. The more, the merrier!

Clay went and saw Santa. He wasn't too excited about sitting on his lap at first but, he talked to him and shook his hand so that he would feel better about it.
We all had a great Christmas. I took down our tree today. I like to keep it up until January 6, Epiphany, but after seeing it all for a week before Christmas, the long Christmas weekend, and the long New Year's weekend, I was really ready to change it back. I keep up the snowmen but I was ready to try out some of the things or ideas I have seen on www.pintrest.com . I didn't do any of the ideas exactly but they gave me ideas and I really like that!
I also took a picture of Cody, Clay and I so that we could have a family picture. I just set up a blanket to the closet and I sat on the back of a chair. The camera was on the tri-pod on the bed. Inventive, huh?
Here's to a new and wonderful. We hope that we are blessed with expanding our little family and that others in our family do as well. Children are the greatest gift God can give us!



No comments:

Post a Comment